Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Year

A new year is nigh, and hope competes with trepidation at what lies in store. The election year has already encroached on our holiday season and is set to pounce the moment we recover from New Year's Day and acknowledge 2008. It's an exciting contest that promises to address the abject failure of the current administration, but right now I don't really care who wins as long as we get a Democrat in the White House. It's also important to make gains in Congress so that something positive can finally be accomplished.

This year I hope to finish work on my new book of short stories and get it ready for publication. At least I should be able to make major progress towards that goal. I'd also like to improve my website, and sell the one book I do have out. Another resolution I have is to take things slower, a la the slow food movement. Our lives today have become so hectic that it's hard to have time to really enjoy the benefits that all our technology is supposed to afford.

I'm going to continue to read lots of books, see many movies and worthwhile television programs, and attempt to maintain a semblance of balance between them. I'm also going to try to listen to more music this year, as I've been neglecting it in favor of the aforementioned. Eating more vegetables and getting more sleep would also be nice. I'm looking at this as just another year, but one that could be monumental if more people start believing in a bright common future that includes all of us.

No comments: